Tupically when a small business is sold, the seller carries a loan or note from the buyer to complete the purchase. Some 90% of small business sales involve seller carry back financing.
Often, sellers want to receive a lump sum of cash instead of the payments they are receiving and this is where we come in. We can provide the note holder with alump sum of all their cash insteading of receiving periodic payments.
1) 1st position is FAR more marketable than 2nd position
2) The face interest rate should be Prime + 3% to 5% to minimize discount due to the
increased risk associated with a business note vs. a real estate note.
3) If possible have the note collateralized with the buyers home. A 2nd on real estate is
more marketable than a 1st on a business alone.
4) Try to have the note fully amortized over 10 to 15 years but a 30 year amortization
with a 5 or 10 year balloon is also marketable. Typically, note investors don't like large
balloons coming due as they feel the payor runs a good possibility of going into default
because they can't get this note refinanced.
5) Have the buyer sign the note with a personal guarantee and have the spouse sign the
6) Have the buyers credit report ready to show a potential note purchaser
7) Have income statements & balance sheets from the business and a financial statement
from the buyer ready to show the note purchaser.
8) If the buyers spouse works outside the business, have some proof of their income so the
note purchaser can see that the note payor can afford to make the note payments and still
have sufficient monies left over to live on.
9) Try to have proof of the cash down payment to purchase the business; closing statement
etc. Investors are Leary of low or no down purchases. Then like to see 30% to 35% or more
equity in the business. Notes with low credit scoring and thin or no equity have
practically no chance of being bought.
10) The seller should have copies of cancelled checks showing the payments from the buyer
on this note and the note should be seasoned 6 to 12 months before trying to market it.
11) When sending a note to us, have the payors name, address, birthday and social security
number so credit scoring can be verified if need be.
12) Credit scoring for the buyer/payor should be above 620 for real estate secured notes
and 670+/- to 700+ for business notes
With all of the above criteria being met, we would have a quick sale and one with minimal
or no discounting. As the above criteria deteriorates, the deal still may be doable but
the investor yield and hence the discount would go up.
We buy seller carry-back notes on real estate sales anywhere in USA. If it give you payments, we'll buy it. Firsts, seconds, wraparounds, AITD, Land Contracts etc.
I hope this helps and I look forward to working with you.
Call Us Toll Free (866) 935-3100
Unlock Your Funds
To start the process and receive a non-obligational cash quote, we need you to complete a Questionnaire on your note After a review of this questionnaire we will provide you with a cash price for your note. Normally, we will have your cash quote back to you in about a day.
If our cash price is acceptable, we will ask for additional documentation to underwrite the transaction and get you your cash.
We are always be available to you by phone, fax, email or cell phone.
Click to email us with your questions or to get a package to start the bid & sale process.
Let Us Give You Your Cash Today!
We have been active in the secondary private paper market since 1980, serving buyers and sellers coast to coast.
If you are looking for a note buyer, or mortgage buyer, business note buyer, business notes, seller carry back loans, land contracts, accounts receivable factor or financer, auto portfolio buyer you have come to the right place. If it gives you payments, we will buy it today for all cash.
We buy business seller carry-back loans or notes anywhere in the USA.
If you are looking for a note buyer, you've come to the right place
Additional Links To The Pages of This Website Below: